Hello from Norfolk coast

Cyclismo

Thank you everyone for the very warm welcoming! 

to michigander: Well, we certainly do have much in common -  we were State neighbors -  I'm from Wisconsin! Actually, I didn't mind the move at all - I would have pressed for it if she didn't want to. I like the culture here - and NOT having blizzards to shovel and plow out of - and still expected to go to work because that is the way of the mid-westerners! LOL. 

I wasn't much of a baseball fan, so don't miss it at all - but I do miss some American football - especially the Green Bay Packers.

Cheers!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone for the very warm welcoming! 

to michigander: Well, we certainly do have much in common -  we were State neighbors -  I'm from Wisconsin! Actually, I didn't mind the move at all - I would have pressed for it if she didn't want to. I like the culture here - and NOT having blizzards to shovel and plow out of - and still expected to go to work because that is the way of the mid-westerners! LOL. 

I wasn't much of a baseball fan, so don't miss it at all - but I do miss some American football - especially the Green Bay Packers.

Cheers!

Ahh! REAL football!

I'm an Eagles fan.

Don't suppose you're old enough to remember the Great Blizzard 0f '78? Didn't make it to work for most of a week after that one. :smiley:

I like the culture here, too. It'd be nice if the roads were wider and the beer colder, though. Great for cheese and sausages; but they don't make applesauce properly!

Dana

Baseball is normally on Sat (Sky) TV if you have the BT Sports channels (there free to BT Broadband users) you also get ESDN which shows shed loads of baseball.......

No telly, I'm afraid.

Not prepared to pay money for what is free where I grew up.

Dana

Archived