Orion Mini 50 Guide Scope on Celstron C8 XLT

I have an Orion Deluxe Mini 50mm guide scope w/SSAG in hand and a new Celestron C8 XLT w/ the Advanced VX mount due to be delivered Wednesday in time for perfect weather and a long holiday weekend. I'm having trouble finding anything definitive on whether the Mini 50 will mount to the C8 in place of the stock finder scope...and if not, exactly what mounting adapters will I need. I've been to ADM but run myself in circles there trying to figure out the different possibilities. This scope is replacing a 2000 NexStar 8 OTA and the mini 50 definitely doesn't fit that scope's finder mounting holes. I don't know if the current C8 OTAs are set up differently.

Is there anyone out there with a C8 XLT and a mini-50 who can point me in the right direction? Can the Orion mini 50 fit the C8 finder mounting holes out of the box? Also, are there other mounting holes available on top of the scope where I could put a rail or a finder scope?

Thanks!

Gary

Archived