NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Electric filter wheels. Not convinced.

ollypenrice

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gina - definitely know where you are coming from on the Linux front. I guess the ultimate would be a simple, yet effective and robust app that ran on Linux just for capture - something you know you could always rely on, and then switch to Windows for processing - when every lost minute against the clouds due to IT doesn't annoy so much.

Olly - I have heard snippets of the horrible connectors on the Lodestar in a few other posts. I wonder how easy it is to replace with a better, more robust connector - although I suspect doing so would void any warranty, as I imagine it would certainly involve removing the old ones from the PCB.

From a lot of astro related product research I certainly reckon a few products out there could use a little more refinement, even if you had to pay just that bit extra for things like better (screw type or similar) style connectors, or better machined components etc.

Archived