NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars rover

Wow thank you treeden for that its amazing how its done thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome Skooby. :smiley:

There were quite a few who accused Nasa of trying to con the public when the photos were published, but there is a good reason for doing it that way:

"Self-portraits like this one document the state of the rover and allow mission engineers to track changes over time, such as dust accumulation and wheel wear. Due to its location on the end of the robotic arm, only MAHLI (among the rover's 17 cameras) is able to image some parts of the craft, including the port-side wheels."

it's amazing how something that on average is about 140 million miles aways can be controlled from that distance I know it takes around 20 minutes for the single to reach the rover but its unbelievable I really can't wait to have my 10" scope next week to view the deep skies. Thanks again for the information fascinating stuff :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radio waves can in theory travel for Billions of miles because there is nothing in its way blocking out its signal like it would on Earth, however they do say eventually it would become so weak it would just one day fade away, at what distance this would happen is yet to be seen or should I say heard :grin:

Archived