Old Hilkin Telescope

Hey all, hope you're doing well.

Firstly a confession - I don't really know a whole lot about the worlds of astronomy and telescopes. However, I've been clearing out the attic of my dad's house the last few days and came across an old Hilkin telescope that hasn't been used for quite some time.

I've attached a photo that should hopefully show you the box that it's came in and that all the pieces are complete and in good condition. According to the box the model seems to be a Hilkin Comet #50, but searching online for that hasn't brought me any information. In fact, the only information I've really been able to find is that Hilkin were a British company that imported Japanese telescopes in the 70s and 80s, but not that many of them are in circulation any more.

I was just wondering if anyone on here might be able to give me any more information about the model, and let me know if it's rare or what monetary value might be attached to it? Everything's complete and it's in really good condition - even 2 original instruction manuals are there.

Apologies again for my naivety, and further apologies if it's not really a find after all, but I thought I'd just consult with some experts before sticking it on eBay or the like :)

Austin

post-28069-0-04522200-1357848561_thumb.j

Archived