help with xt8 shipping box dimensions

hello all,

am a new astronomy enthusiast. planning to buy my first scope.. after lot of research zeroed in on Orion Skyquest xt8".

but we are not fortunate enough here in india...the prices are 4 times what they are in US (if at all that model is avialble)..

i have requested a friend to get it for me from US. but i need to know what will be the size of shipping boxes... as he needs to plan his cargo accordingly

i have seen xt8 comes in two box packaing..

would some one please let me know what are the dimensions (size ) and wieght of two boxes which ship Orion Skyquest xt8. ?

if i have to compromise on physical dimensions is it worth buying celetron nexstar 6se as its physically size's little less,,,,is it close enough to xt8 in performance?

any help would be appreciated ........

thanks

chajo

Orion is owned by Synta and is mainly focused on the US market. Synta haves SkyWatcher for the rest of the world, so it should be easier to find their 8" dob.

I found this after I had bought my XT8 and I could have saved money if I had done my research better and found about SkyWatcher scopes.

Archived