Advice.... Sony SLT A37k Camera

Hi All

I have been wrangling with the idea of buying a DSLR camera for sometime with the hope of eventually doing some basic to mid level AP.

I went into Jessops on the weekend to buy an EOS 1100D or a EOS 550D as my budget could have stretched.

The assistant listened to everything I needed the camera for and recommended the Sony SLT A37.

I realise that the imaging community all swear by a Canon but as I only hope to mount the camera to my telescope (without a motorised mount) and take lunar/planetary and maybe eventually DSO's I thought I would give the Sony a go.

Through scouring the internet after my purchase it appears as though the translucent lens in the Sony may hamper my imaging ambitions due to light loss.

My question is given the objects I want to capture will the SLT 37 let me down?

I suppose in the future I will probably invest in a motorised mount to take more detailed DSO pictures but bought the camera to test the water rather than jump in so to speak!

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated

Steve

Archived