Am I expecting .. the next stage

Subsequent to my posting "Am I expecting too much from my setup" I have reacted to all of the opinions, suggestions and observations.

Consequently, I set my (2x barlow) focus on a terrestrial, but distant and stationary object. I imaged at a later time when the atmospheric depth was half those of my previous imaging session; and etc.

Last night was clear, but windy - however I managed to setup in a sheltered part of the property, albeit that manipulating the telescope, finding Jupiter and initating the capture program was a pain - I needed six arms, two heads and the agility of a pole dancer !!

The net output was a single short avi. I processed this using pipp to give a single avi(??), and subsequently to yield r, g & b avis.

I used Registax v5 to yield (4) jpeg images; which I subsequently attempted to enhance using pse v7.

The results were both better and worse than anticipated. With the combined(?) colour image I seemed to be either too soft or too hard with the various adjustments, albeit planetary colour and features could be glimpsed.

I'v attached the SharpCap file (spc880nc webcam), and the two pipp txt files together with the (colour) jpeg file.

Could/would someone like to have a go seeing what can be dragged out??

regards

Tony

Capture 15_09_2012 00_18_23..CameraSettings.txt

Capture 15_09_2012 00_18_23._pipp_colour_log.txt

Capture 15_09_2012 00_18_23._pipp_rgb_log.txt

post-9025-0-19779500-1347717501_thumb.jp

Archived