Not seeing what I am supposed to be seeing?

I know this must all seem like run of the mill stuff to you guys but this post has been a revelation for me. Finally I have a good idea of what to expect from the equipment which in all honesty, for me, can only be seen with my face pressed against the shop window, wouldn't recommend that by the way. Following on from your post John, the only way to get views better than grey fuzzies then is to get into imaging? This has been mentioned earlier in the post, along with the mention of deep pockets. I am guessing that this can be achieved with a good refractor, guide scope, CCD camera, motorised mount and alot of experience and plenty of quiet time along side your scope working it all out, all as mentioned in my original post regarding the Altair Astro 115ED. So I guess if I am still not satisfied I better start saving the pennies.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived