Heads up, travel scope on ABS.

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=59967

I had one of these, maybe even this very one. It is possible to make a box to carry the scope as hand baggage if you remove the diagonal. I flew with mine several times before emigrating from the UK. It is about as big as you can get in carry on (though maybe you can carry the TEC110 onto planes as well? ) In any event it is a lot of scope for the physical size and the price. WIdefield views are incredible and the planets are not at all shabby either. Blue correction is not up to the needs of modern CCD but it is a good CCD narrowband hoover.

I missed mine so much that I bought an old Pronto to replace it.

This scope was spotted on a different thread but I thought a heads up was called for since grab and go is very much in the air at the moment. Bit late for the summer holidays but I flew to Spain with mine in the winter and saw the Rosette for the first time...

Olly

Archived