Vixen MD 6

Hello there

I have a Vixen MD 6 controller bought 2nd hand coupled to a MD6 SP motor

First time I have tried to use it connected to batteries nothing happens

A red light comes on but thats it; I thought it might go to green when switched on??

I assume its a fault with the controller but I did leave the mount out (Polaris) in the rain recently so maybe the motor got wet

Any advice appreciated

Thank you

Mike

ps new to forum today

Hi Harrydog, Welcome to SGL

I haven't tried the MD6, so I don't know the details.

My Vixen DMD3 has red LED only. Skywatcher's controller goes green, but my Vixen doesn't.

Put your ears near the RA motor, if it's ON then you should hear the faint clicking sound.

Have you checked the battery voltage and polarity. Polarity is extremely important because Vixen controllers lacks reverse polarity protection, so connecting the +ve and -ve the wrong way round will kill the controller instantly.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Am I right in thinking the MD6 looks and works like the chinese basic motor drives?

Things from the same factory are often differently badged.

Perhaps if you post some pics it would help.

Thanks for the replies; I am sure the handset is faulty as when leaving it connected to the battery source for about an hour the red light turned green?? but still nothing works

Asked Vixen and they say that it cant be repaired as there are no longer any parts available so not sure where to turn now as apparently the controller they sell isnt compatable with my motor

Archived