Good to be back out under the stars

Been away for a while; it's been raining and/or cloudy most evenings for about a month here in North Notts.

Last night was my first chance in a while to get out and actually see things! Got a new DIY motorised focuser to play with courtesy of a modded Ascom AS12 servo and some bits of Technic Lego pilfered from my son. :) Managed to get Mars in view with SPC900 and 2x Barlow but couldn't get focus, poor seeing I think. Also saw Saturn, couldn't get it with the Barlow and was very wobbly anyway.

Spent some hours randomly looking around at patches of stars with a 25mm and my new focal reducer. Wow! What a lot to look at.

Next plan I think is to start trying to track down some galaxies. The polar alignment seems to be working well enough to get 5 minute plus avi captures so I can keep practising my planetary imaging!

Cheers all, clear skies.

Oh, and it's raining again here today!!!

Chris

Archived