NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Reflector reflections!

Been meaning to try this for a while but no clear skies for about 2 weeks!

You all know how you need to imagine moving the object, when viewing something through a reflector?

Well, if you insert your webcam upside-down, would this effectively 'correct' this anomaly?

I can't see why it wouldn't, but thought I'd ask :clouds2:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I really don't think so. The reflector is usually inverted about two axes - one from the primary and again from the secondary. They do not cancel out as they are aligned to different axes themselves.

Bottom line, no single flip can correct the view here.

The good news: after a couple of hours at the EP, this will be so natural, you won't even have to think about it anymore.

Dan

Thanks Dan :clouds2:

Had the scope for a year now, so yes, I'm used to it. I'm just going to label the 'top' of my webcam though, as it's tricky to get it the right way up once it's in the scope. (its a Lifecam, mounted in the billetparts shaft), so I wondered if it would be best to label the bottom as the 'top' ... purely personal preference I guess :-)

Thanks again!

Matt

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Archived