So I'm buying my first telescope and I need help.

Guys, I bought Skywatcher Heritage 130P! :hello2: What's more, it had an amazing price! It should be shipped within 7 days, I literally can't wait! Thanks to everyone who contributed in any way! You all guys were a huge help! I'm a university student by the way and I rarely have free time but my lessons and exam sessions fortunately end soon, so I'm looking forward to becoming an actually active member of your community because this place is that amazing and there are so many things to learn from you guys. Thanks again.

We're pretty much in the same boat, I'm a student and have just ordered the scope :).

You did pick a good starter scope, if it's going to be a clear night, try and get out there early so you can focus your scope on a tree so you are ready when Venus starts showing (Inevitably, Venus is always the first thing I see in the sky even before the sun has fully set).

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're pretty much in the same boat, I'm a student and have just ordered the scope :hello2:.

You did pick a good starter scope, if it's going to be a clear night, try and get out there early so you can focus your scope on a tree so you are ready when Venus starts showing (Inevitably, Venus is always the first thing I see in the sky even before the sun has fully set).

To be honest, I never really got to meet other students with this hobby, but then again, my country generally doesn't give much importance to astronomy. Or to anything science related. One of the good things though is that it has extremely clear skies. 20 minutes by car from my house and you can see unbelievable things. Which is one of the reasons why I took Heritage, being quite light and portable.

Archived