celestron ep and filter kit?

I agree, buying Eps one by one is the best way of building a collection. Better to buy an eyepiece because you've discovered the limitations of what you currently have than waste money on a set only to discover that you don't need al that was included in it. This hobby is expensive enough already!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there Si,

I was just wondering if you bought your eyepieces yet? As I remember when I wanted to get a powerful ep for my 130mm scope that it pushed the limit too far and I couldn't get focus from an eyepiece that I kinew was a decent one. But then after I said this I also noticed that in your signature you havent mentioned a barlowx2 ep, and for me (and a lot of people with only a couple of ep's) a barlowx2 works well as it can double the use of both your ep's by giving each one a x2 boost, hopefully your scope would cope better with a (small- x2) barlow boost than high power eyepieces, even if they are good quality ones. The celestron omni x2 or skywatcher deluxe x2 barlows are good but inexpensive ones (beware of cheaper higher powered barlows). Luckily I got a barlow with my scope but if you didnt then it might be a good ep to have, and it will be something to use when you upgrade your scope someday.

Hope this helps.

Jay.

Hi there Si,

I was just wondering if you bought your eyepieces yet? As I remember when I wanted to get a powerful ep for my 130mm scope that it pushed the limit too far and I couldn't get focus from an eyepiece that I kinew was a decent one. But then after I said this I also noticed that in your signature you havent mentioned a barlowx2 ep, and for me (and a lot of people with only a couple of ep's) a barlowx2 works well as it can double the use of both your ep's by giving each one a x2 boost, hopefully your scope would cope better with a (small- x2) barlow boost than high power eyepieces, even if they are good quality ones. The celestron omni x2 or skywatcher deluxe x2 barlows are good but inexpensive ones (beware of cheaper higher powered barlows). Luckily I got a barlow with my scope but if you didnt then it might be a good ep to have, and it will be something to use when you upgrade your scope someday.

Hope this helps.

Jay.

Nope not got any yet can't decide going to buy at the weekend but barrow x2 is a very good idea and makes sense. cheers

Archived