NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Need help with Nexstar 76gt remote???

nictori

After searching for a while I still can't seem to find an answer about what program I can use to either get the direction buttons on my pc or a complete program that includes them.

I use stellarium for the go to bit and have modded a lifecam hd. Having a broken back means the less I have to stand the better.

I am just finding that I have.to continually adjust to keep stars etc in view. I have sidereal checked.

What I have found out so far....

Nexremote: will plug into the handset but uses a RJ45 plug (8P8C I believe) but the 76gt has a RJ9 (4P4C).

Nexstar control pad: only for NexStar GT version 104.0/4.x (I can't tell what version I have but it didn't work)

Arrow keys for guidestar: umm.......no idea with this one except I have to mod the hand control.......not good if you have sausage fingers.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks Nick

Nick, I am not an expert on this, far more people in the know but here is what I know. You can move the mount using a games pad/joystick but you need different software to Stellarium, this little bit may wake someone up and give you the full info. I keep all the software to do with astronomy, including what you need, on the observatory computer and I cannot get to it at the moment. What you want to do can be done and will be a help to you with your back, hope someone can further this.

Jim

Thanks Jim..

But I fear from my searching that I have the wrong firmware version and can't upgrade it without a new handpiece. Sort of annoying as buying a new handpiece so I don't have to use the handpiece is ironic

Archived