Skywatcher HEQ5 mount power supply

I have just ordered a Heq5 Synscan mount. I am planning to power it to begin with using a Maplin's regulated PSU 5Amp or 7Amp 13.8V as recommended on this forum, XM22Y or XM21X.

My question is how I connect the PSU to the telescope. I assume I need a cable, but which one, and do I need to buy extra connectors?

I have a circuit breaker for safety. I would like to keep the PSU inside and run the cable with the 12v DC supply outside.

Later on I may buy a battery. The best ones seem to be deep cycle batteries, however these are too heavy! I want to be able to move the mount around without too much difficulty. It is heavy enough, buying a really heavy battery defeats the purpose of getting it!

The car type jump start batteries are not recommended by some people on this forum because they are not good at supplying a steady supply of electricity. So I will get a PSU and consider further.

David

Archived