NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

handset locking up

hi i took my s/h celestron 102gt out wednesday night to align no problem on to the 1st star then hand set would not respond it was still litup so power was there its a new power pack after a few mins it allowed me to move to 2nd star same again and eventually on to third star after that clouds moved i went out tonight switched on and it wanted me to go through everthing again however i just wanted to look at the moon guided to the moon fantastic after that failing to respond again does anyone have any ideas what is happening does it sound like a faulty handset ?

What is the power supply that you are using.

Batteries are notoriously bad, rechargeables are not to be used.

You have to align it everytime when you had powered it off. That may well mean re-entering all the data again.

Unfortunately there are a number of recent posts about failing handsets on Skywatcher and Celestron systems.

The most obvious is the power supply.

hi thanks ronin for the input i am powering the scope froma power source that states 17.2ah battery output voltage 12dc/5vdc power supply required by scope 12vdc-750ma(tip positive )all of which means nothing to me perhaps someone could come along and say if that is alright

Archived