Is the sky in Denmark any better than the one in the UK?

It's very easy to find light-pollution and general information about the sky, as long as you are in the GB/USA, and that is understandable. What I was wondering about was how my sky was compared to the sky in GB, if there is any difference :)?

Is there any way I can measure my sky (without expensive equipment)?

If this is to any help,

when I look at Orion I can clearly see the 3 stars that form the belt, rigel and saiph, and also m42 (faint though) and some faint stars around m42 (I believe they are called n ori, and o ori).

and I live in a town with around 2K inhabitants.

Is there any way I could figure out how good/bad my sky is, I really don't want to set my expectations too high before I get my telescope. Thanks in advance :)

C0083715-Central_Europe_at_night,_satellite_image-SPL.jpg

A bit of Denmark on that image, I think. Looks alright apart from the major cities as you would expect.

Is that image a part of a large image/map, I've seen some high resolution light-pollution maps of the UK, but I haven't come across any showing Denmark:icon_scratch:.

C0083715-Central_Europe_at_night,_satellite_image-SPL.jpg

A bit of Denmark on that image, I think. Looks alright apart from the major cities as you would expect.

Also Light Pollution Atlas of Europe no idea how old the data is.

I saw you added the link, do you know what I can expect with a "sky brightness" of 1-3 ? Is this an actual scale in astronomy or just one the website is using for it's map? :)

Archived