External power supply for a nexstar 6SE

I bought a Celestion Nexstar 6SE over the weekend secondhand, which I need to sort an external power supply for.

One of the shops I spoke to today who didnt have any powertanks in stock, suggested getting a jump starter as they did the same thing.

So I had a look and found this one which not only has a light and 12V power outlet, it also has a USB out and 240V invertor, making it quite versatile.

And the good thing is, I can source this for £40.

So is this a good way to go about this or should I be looking at alternatives?

I also need to get a finder scope. I would also need the dovetail to attach. Any recommendations?

Ta

Should do a reasonable job. I had a 17Ah power tank which was good, but I knackered the batter on it so just got one of these instead:

30A 13.8V Switching Power supply : Amateur Radio Accessories : Maplin Electronics

So I can run an extension lead out and not worry about a flat battery half way through a session.

HTH

Does that have to be plugged in the mains when being used?

aldi have one in for £35 b&m also do one for about the same just bought the aldi one power source tyre inflator lights etc great value at that price

B&M? Do you mean B&Q? I can see one in B&Q for £35. if you look, you will see the one I mentioned in the OP there for £50...... I get 20% off in B&Q, so thats where the £40 comes from and the fact it has an invertor on it makes it very versatile.

However, I'm not sure if these will (a) last long enough when being used and (:) if they can take lots of discharges and recharges without effect.

Yeah, so it might not be what your after? but if your using your kit at home might be worth considering.

Ah, OK, no. Where I live is too light poluted, so its so I can use it somewhere without a power supply.

I get you. I guess what you have linked too or the aldi one seems a popular choice. I think the key is to go for as much Ah as you can get and make sure you always keep it topped up and dont knacker it like I did with mine!!1

Archived