Rise time - Milky way

Hello everyone,

Croce here and I'm new to forum. I live in Arizona. I know the sun from the moon and that is about it. I have a desire to get into astrophotography, particularly to capture the Milky Way with a nude Canon 5D.

I use Heavenly Opportunity and The Photographers Ephemeris to predict the sun / moon, rise / set times and azimuth with good accuracy. But the Milky Way is beyond their capability.

SkyGazer 4.5 was suggested to me and I downloaded it but it is way beyond me. I have no idea what I am looking at. I would like to become proficient at predicting the times the Milky Way will rise and be visible, weather and light permitting, from location X on date X.

Here is a specific: When will the Milky Way rise to a point of visibility from the Owachomo Bridge (N 37° 35' 16.25" W 110° 00' 32.45" elev 6200 ft) in Utah's Natural Bridges National Monument, (named the first Dark Sky Park by the International Dark-Sky Assn.) on June 18, 2012?

I am supposed to be able to find the answer using SkyGazer 4.5 but .... Duh ~

Any answer, suggested method, etc etc would be eternally appreciated.

Thank you.

Archived