SW Equinox 80mm + which field flattener???

Hi all,

I wasn't sure where the best place to post is, here in the beginners or one of the astro imaging forums.

Over the years I've been steadily adding to my equipment to eventually get into the realms of astrophotography. I have an Equinox 80mm and a Canon 350D (non-modified), but I'm aware that a field flattener will probably be needed. Do you have some recommendations for me?

Many thanks,

Hi Mark,

I'm interested in the answer to this question as well.

I've got an F5.6 80mm refractor, and I was wondering what the Field Flattener options are.

Looking on the web, it seems like the Williams Optics FFII and FFIII are held in high regard, but I don't know which would be more suitable for my scope, and it would be good to know if there's any other options available...

Simon

Hi Simon,

I've read the TeleVue is a good match, but I wanted a few conformations before spending the cash. As this can be a rather expensive hobby for equipment I'm trying to spend the cash once and not buy things needlessly as I have seven rather expensive hobbies. The wife’s already telling me to give some up.

Regards,

Archived