Eyes on the Sky: Jan 30 through Feb 5

This week's Eyes on the Sky wanders the Winter Circle (or hexagon), examines the ecliptic thanks to Venus, Jupiter and the Moon, and as always, highlights where to find the other naked eye planets:

Great video this week! I'd never heard of Collinder 70, but it's a good reminder that I shouldn't forget about my binos just because I bought a scope!:D

It's on my observing list for the next clear night.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Great video this week! I'd never heard of Collinder 70, but it's a good reminder that I shouldn't forget about my binos just because I bought a scope!:)

It's on my observing list for the next clear night.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Yup, binoculars are one of those essential tools. I resisted buying them for years, and when I finally got some, I thought, "Sheesh, why didn't I get these before?!?!" They make finding things with a telescope so much easier, and there are things you can see with them that you can't see with a telescope.

Thanks for the nice compliment, and for watching. :)

Archived