Hello from a complete beginner in Nelson, Lancashire

Den_Perry

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the replies. Nice to see I'm not the only lad in East Lancs with a scope (just wish we had clear skies round here now and again, probably should have thought about that before making the purchase!). So far a grand total of 15 mins viewing (between clouds) is all I've had since last Tuesday night. At least it's given me time to read up a bit I suppose.....never mind!

Well there are lots of us in West Lancashire :) There are a group of us from around Preston discussing going over to Todmorden Observatory. They have a meet every Saturday and it's even nearer for you.

Have you seen anything else, it's been quite clear for the last couple of days.

Managed to catch Jupiter again last night and took in some great views of the moon. That was about it sadly as it clouded over AGAIN!!! and the brightness of the moon made it hard for me to find anything else of note.

I've looked at the Todmorden observatory website a few times and was thinking of going over soon with my brother (may see you there at some point!)

Managed to catch Jupiter again last night and took in some great views of the moon. That was about it sadly as it clouded over AGAIN!!! and the brightness of the moon made it hard for me to find anything else of note.

I've looked at the Todmorden observatory website a few times and was thinking of going over soon with my brother (may see you there at some point!)

Excellent. I am probably going on Saturday if I am well enough.

cowasaki - on a night out with the missus this Saturday but hoping to get over to Tod the week after (weather permitting)

saturn4me - thanks, nice to see McDonald doing well for the Blades. He showed flashes of brilliance for us (Burnley) when he first signed but was ultimately let down by a bit of a poor attitude after a fall-out with Brian (why the hell did we employ him!) Laws.

Archived