Bresser 114/900

Hi

I recieved as a present a Bresser 114/900 Newtonian reflector on an EQ-Sky mount (Bresser Bresser 114 Astronomy telescope starter kit with free Astro Box actually purchased from Amazon I believe). As a total novice I am after some advice. It came with 25 mm and 6 mm eye-pieces. I've tried using it for about 9 months and I can get nice views of the moon, Jupiter and Saturn although I have no frame of reference as to whether my view is as good as it should be. I haven't tried any DSO yet.

Questions: Firstly, is this scope any good for anything other than I've already done with it? Secondly, is the mount any good? It doesn't have a motor and I wondered if there is a recommended RA motor for this mount? Thirdly, with a motor, is there any chance of attaching a dslr to this scope or will the focal point be too short? On that note, how do people go about mounting cameras to scopes via the piggyback method?

Cheers

Crontle

Archived