Cannot "find" any object with CG5-mount?

Hello,

About 3 weeks ago I bought my first telescope with automatic mount, so I guess I am a newbie regarding Goto-mounts. The first few nights setting up and aligning the scope worked fine.

Today I tried to set it up again, and after I was done with the alignment procedure, I looked at a view objects, but at some point the mount got "confused". If I try to select an object on the NexStar remote it shows only the message "Database does not contain any objects within the 'Filter Limits'." It also mentions to hit UNDO ... etc. to change the Filter-Limits.

I never adjusted any Scope settings in the remote, so I thought it was weird that all for sudden it does not find any objects ...

I went into the Filter-Limits and it was set to +90 (max.) and +00 (min.).

I am not sure what I should set them to ... those settings look good to me. Just for fun I tried all kinds of settings +90/ -90 ... and a few others, but set it back to +90/ 00.

Regardless what I set them to, the remote does not "find" anything now. Even when I power it up, I can only set time/ date ... etc. and when I hit Enter at "2-star align", it only comes back with the Filter-Limit message ... and that I should adjust them. So I cannot even align the scope now ...

I don't know what to do! Help ...

So far any online searches did not show anything even close to my problem.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

Ok ... an update.

After moving the scope inside and leaving it alone (I accidently left it plugged into power, so it slowly rotated ... that's why I realized it was still on), I checked it again, and now it seems to be fine again?!?

I really don't feel like moving it outside to set it up now, but it seems the star-selection for alignment is working like normal again.

Needless to say, I am more than frustrated about the 2 hours I spent outside earlier today when I could only read the useless "fix the Filter" message over and over. Do I have to expect this controller to "freak out" like that again and then the scope is useless for a few hours?

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Archived