first real viewing session

hey all. got my skywatcher 114 newt for christmas and had a lil look at jupiter and the orion nebula on christmas night (wasnt too impressed) but tonight there was very little cloud so planned my viewing today, took my scope to a local dark site and was very happy with what i saw.

just to say managed to see 2bands on jupiter, had to make my eyes do that thing when u look at "hidden,magic pictures", but was very pleased.

then turned my attention to finding the andromeda galaxy using my philips star finder book that i got free with the scope. managed to locate it after about 5mins. felt proud of myself :D ha

looking at pleiades and the orion nebula when a few lads pulled into the area so decided to cut my viewing short.

doesnt look like another clear night for a week so will be out again then maybe in another location.

can anyone suggest other objects i could look at next time?

thanks for viewing

clear skies

martin

Archived