First look at the moon

Rickjb39

I seen a clear patch over my house so thought i'd take this chance to get the skyliner 150p out so i darted into the dining room and got the stand and tube then set it up in my front garden. My first object was the moon so i got out my 25mm lens popped it on and lined myself up and BOOM! i felt like i could have reached out and touched it so i shouted the other half out who by the way says she doesn't find this sort of stuff interesting but once her eye lay upon that natural beauty she was amazed! So after 10 minutes or so of viewing i got out the big guns... YES! time for the 10mm and good lord i thought i was actually standing on it both me and the other half were both wooing and wowing at the sight. Then... I aligned my finder scope and set my sights upon jupiter... A stunning view and still found it as amazing as my first view of it last week.

Archived