WTA: about skywatcher telescope.

Hello, I m planning on getting a sky-watcher telescope and want some advice from the forumers here.

I have some experience using telescope so I m not totally newb but Im not really sure bout the brands and the qualities of the telescopes.

The telescope im looking at is this one:

???????? Synta Sky-Watcher BK P2001EQ5 ? Sky-Watcher.ru

(Im sorry if there's a policy in this website against linking to other site selling scopes..)

Anyhow, I have a few questions,

1. Have any1 actually used this model and brand? I do find some reviews from some other sites stating its quite good but I want a second opinion. =)

2. There's a problem with the mount, its an eq5 mount for a 200mm scope. From some review Id read, the eq5 mount doesn't really support the 200mm scope well if you planned on adding camera for astrophotography. Im not going into astrophotography soon, but just a future proof precaution.

3. I wonder if auto-tracking systems for stars and nebula is a must? I know how to navigate the skies and had experience finding stars and nebula with a telescope.

Sorry for the long post,

tldr, is it a good scope? is the eq5 mount enough for 200mm?

Thanks in advance. =)

Archived