Webcam with my scope Question

Hi All.

I have a couple of questions about using a webcam with my scope, First of all it is a Vixen r150s with the old sled focuser, I am going to use a 1.25 adaptor as it uses the old .965 draw tube what im wanting to know is will i be able to reach focus with this scope using a phillips 900C toucam and DBK 21AU618.AS

Any advice i would be greatful.

Cheers Graeme

I recently purchased an identical webcam and had little success trying on nearby mountains approx 2-3 kilometres from my house during daylight hours. From what research I have done it appears I need a 2X barlow fitted. I couldn't achieve any focus at the range I had available.

I believe there's a massive thread somewhere on here specifically relating to the use of webcams and more specifically related to the Philips, not sure on that last point though. I found it through a web search just haven't found it here yet but I'm sure using webcam as a search criteria would bring up lots of results within the forum.

Ah, a fellow Aussie. I'm a little envious, wishing I could be living in Tassie too, great skies.

Archived