NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ6 Re-tune

Pomerol

I have an EQ6 which is about 4 years old. Works fine but have noticed recently more noise in the gearing and taking longer to clear backlash when calibrating in PHD.Having read some of the instructions for a strip down and rebuild I am reluctant to start this as my tooling and mechanical knowledge is probably not up to it. Anybody know of a UK source for doing this??

Thanks

Ian S.

Hi Ian - Not an answer I'm afraid but someone else interested in doing likewise... The pictures of stripping down look horrendous to me - With my DIY skills, I might just as well buy a new one before I started!

Andy, you might find this useful..........Eventually managed to track down a source who has experience of EQ6 re-tune and I read on this forum from 2009 very positive feedback on his work.You will find Chris Livingstone Telescopes of Worcester if you search in google, you would have to wait a while as he currently has 2/3 months work in hand.

Hi Paul - Yeesssss.... I've seen Astro-baby's website.... but you weren't to know that I can't spell DYI!

1. There's no way on this planet (or any other) that I, with my DIY skills, could / would ever dare to take that on :)

2. Mel (or anyone else that does this themselves) has my greatest respect and admiration for her / their engineering skills :)

If I took that on myself, I'm sure I'd end up having to buy a new mount B)

Archived