SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

hello from far away...

milesteg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome milesteg. The Miles Teg by any chance?

if you mean dune, yeah, those are some of my favorite books!!

Welcome milesteg! I hope the night sky in Chile has fewer clouds than we are used to in the UK. :-)

sadly not this time of year ... very few good skies these last weeks, and when there are no clouds, it's pretty cold...

Hi Milesteg and welcome

Nice scope - snap!! (snap means I have the same!)

Enjoy

nice!, would love to heard what can expect with this scope!.

Hello and welcome to SGL, milesteg :)

where about are you from in Chile?

As far as I am concerned, your English is pretty fine...

Talcahuano, Chile (pretty close to Concepcion)..

thanks all..

What sort of objects are you interested in looking for? It's very good for lunar and planets but not so good for DSO's - but as a learning starter scope it's excellent

actually anything interesting i can get my eyes onto...:)..

not so good for DSOs like you need really dark sky or you wont see any ever..?..

Hi

A very warm welcome to the SGL, and your English is fine

do you live under dark skies ? I was told it is one of the best places in the world

Clear skies

Doug

Essex UK ( 25 miles from London)

Hi

A very warm welcome to the SGL, and your English is fine

do you live under dark skies ? I was told it is one of the best places in the world

Clear skies

Doug

Essex UK ( 25 miles from London)

Thanks, at this location not so much... i'm near 2 big cities and really close to the coast. What you hear often about good skies in chile is way up north, the closest about 1000km from where i live(planning on road trip next vacations), the best ones where are mayor observatories is about 2000km up north from here, close/at the atacama desert...

not so good for DSOs like you need really dark sky or you wont see any ever..?..

No, certainly not never - darker skies obviously better but it depends on what you consider DSO's - M42 is wonderful (but hardly a DSO) - Andromeda galaxy is a blur, but viewable

No, certainly not never - darker skies obviously better but it depends on what you consider DSO's - M42 is wonderful (but hardly a DSO) - Andromeda galaxy is a blur, but viewable

Thought I'd ask this question for us

• 2 weeks later...

Archived