Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pentax Discontinued

andrew63

On a slightly related note, I was speaking to a Toyota branch manager 10 days after the tsunami, he said that in that time 150,000 cars had not been made! I guess the knock on effect of a lot of Japanese supplied stuff will last for a long time to come, but no matter the economical consequences, my thoughts are with those who have lost family, friends and homes.

my thoughts are with those who have lost family, friends and homes.

Your not wrong! It's terrible what has happened and it only seems to be getting worse for them with the nuclear reactor problems. The financial repercussions will be next along with having to some how get on with day to day life with no homes. I know the 2004 tsunami that effected Thailand and other countries are still struggling to rebuild their lives several years later. It is something we will all have to live with as if we keep on treating the planet the way we are Mother nature will make us all pay eventually! I read by 2024 they predicted large parts of the UK will be under water due to global warming. We see flooding in the UK most years so I would conclude the predictions won't be far off.

......I read by 2024 they predicted large parts of the UK will be under water due to global warming. We see flooding in the UK most years so I would conclude the predictions won't be far off.

I'll wager you anything you care to wager that large parts of the UK will NOT be under water by 2024. :)

As far back as the early 70's I've been reading, hearing, watching talking heads on telly, 'predicting' that such and such a piece of real estate will be under water / uninhabitable / a desert / a nuclear wasteland etc., by: (chooses a date close enough to be scary, but far enough away that when it fails to happen the original predictor can clame some sort of positive intervention).

Anyway, a good source of Pentax EPs is:

www.kkohki.com

Talk to Barry, he'll sort ya out!

Flooding by 2024? Sounds very close, especially to those of us living in holland!

It sounds a bit too soon really - I thought the real changes from global warming won't happen before mid-century.

I'm sure if holland was about to dissappear house prices would be lower here... :-)

I read by 2024 they predicted large parts of the UK will be under water due to global warming.

I have to laugh at this, really :)

Not everything you read is true, especially when it comes to 'global warming'... sorry I mean 'climate change'

Archived