Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dob 10" on a NEQ6 or EQ6 mount - good idea

MrsR

Right I am going for a 10" Dob (12" if one comes up cheap enough) because I want to view planets but also DSO and so my thinking is that because I also want to get in AP I will go for - in time (about a year) - a NEQ6 or EQ6 mount when I get the money - does this idea sounds stupid?

Thanks, do you think using this set up for AP is a good idea?

Well, it works for me, but it's not everyone's choice. Have a look, though, at the superb images that Yfronto achieves with his similar setup.

Well, it works for me, but it's not everyone's choice. Have a look, though, at the superb images that Yfronto achieves with his similar setup.

Thanks will have a look.

What is the light pollution like where you live?

Are you intending to do AP from other locations other then your garden?

If not, then don't take offence at the next question: Are you into body building and weight lifting?

Neither of the mounts you have mentioned are small, better way of saying it is: both are blumming heavy.

I have over the past couple of years read of many, many people who have abandoned the hobby because the equipment has been too much and simply never gets used. Strange they all start with big dobs.

For the AP I will probably be basing myself in the garden 90% of the time.

Luckily I am not petite and quite strong but I know what you are saying. I have felt the weight of them but before I do 100% go for this set up I will be going to try the weights with a serious view to buy.

Thanks I do appreciate your feedback though, all greatly appreciated x

Archived