Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Favourite non-Messier objects?

Ursa Major

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My two favourite non Messier objects are the Veil - one of the very few objects that you can get a visual view of which is truly stunning (with an OIII filter of course).

My other is NGC891 in Andromeda - an edge on galaxy with a prominent dust band across it. Hard to spot without good skies and an 8" plus telescope but this elusivety (no such word, I know) seems to appeal to me.

James

Thank you to everyone who has commented on this thread giving me the most wonderful list of objects to find next.

Hopefully I will be able to observe some of them now the moon has sunk into the east.

I have only been able to observe Kembles Cascade so far (thanks Rob, a lovely sight) because of all this haze making it impossible to find dimmer objects. Also I'm going to have to wait for some objects to come in to view.

Once again, thank you everybody:D.

Archived