Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wiltshire AS speaker for May

S.A.M

Wiltshire AS speaker for May 3rd is Dr Chris Lintott (co presenter of 'The Sky at Night' programme, talking about Galaxy Zoo. Meeting starts at 8:00pm at the Pavillion, Rusty lane, Seend nr Melksham SN12 6NS. All welcome:)

Chris Lintott has had to pull out because of other duties. As a replacement Wiltshire AS have Mark Radice (from Salisbury Plain Observing Group) giving a talk on 'Binocular Astronomy'. Wiltshire AS hope to have Chris Lintott back at a later date, maybe in 2012?

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

lol, he (C.L.) pulled out of a talk at my astro club, at literally the last minute. Please !!! There is a trend occuring here......

Have a nice meeting guys. Do you do observing meetings too ? I am in Oxfordshire.

Jon, I do not know if this is a trend with Chris Lintott? I am sure Mark will be a good replacement, I have seen his talks before, even this one, so I might have to take a book to read!

Yes, we do have observing evening, Wiltshire AS normally meet on the fourth Friday of the month (with Saturday as a back up if poor weather) behind the Red Lion in Lacock. Some of us meet near Uffcott (just south of Swindon off the A361) on an adhoc base. Mainly when the Moon is not near full, as some of us like to do deep sky objects. If you are interested and Uffcott is not too far, please PM me and I will add your name to our list. At the moment we have five people who turn up regularly.

Peter.

I am sure it will be a good astronomy book that I will be reading:) If I am at the back you will know that I have reading a book! Mark, see you tonight.

Peter

Archived