SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

getting close

star_chaser

to a printable shot :p

6 pane mosaic from last night can see a difference after collimation should have gone for the seventh pane :) but i wasn't using i merge so my fault

i also noticed some strange lines maybe i overdone registax a bit but havn't time to redo

star

post-22266-133877563754_thumb.jpg

thanks for the tip i will redo later with rgb align first

[edit] any ideas about the lines above where a pane is missing im not sure but it looks like ice didnt connect panes correctly

thanks star

If there's camera movement in the .avi you can get weird lines around the edge of the finished image. i normally use the "Cropping Area" tool in Registax to crop the image slightly before saving it. Seems to give ICE an easier time matching the edges, and you get a cleaner join.

i sharpened before merging in ice but did the rgb align after

and not sure if there is a feather feature in registax. anyone have a good linky for a registax tutorial as the ones i can find are for beginners and are very simple

for example they dont explain the limit setup

lowest qaulity (%)

best frames (%)

frames apoint

bestframes. im not sure what best choice for the moon or anything :)

or

the % of frames kept/discarded i have it at 95%

or weather more alignpoints = better results

thanks star

i have a little time now gonna try and redo them

thats a great image star_chaser :) I was looking at it thinking how good it was and was really surprised your using a 130EQ to do it. Thats well good :p

Paul''

thank you very much im gutted i missed a bit as this would have gone into a frame. i have just recently collimated my scope this helped a lot and to be honest i never though i would get this good a pic with my setup

star

also i did the rgb align before wavelets eliminating the lines now im really gutted at not getting it all. but there is always next time:D

i found the missing piece :) not sure i how i missed this. as for the strange lines rgb align before wavelets also did a slight crop of each pane not able to ps at the moment but hopefully i can coax a little more detail colour.

and big thanks for the tips on registax otherwise i would not have rechecked avi's

fullsize Imageshack - 3sch.jpg

thanks for looking star. im of to the printers :p

post-22266-133877564565_thumb.jpg

Archived