Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

SGL 2017 SP

lulu57

Very silly photos

lulu57    214

We had a lot of fun trying to get all the air out of the tent - Ian was very thorough about it!

As for the other two pics...well, it's a sin to waste a single drop of champagne...:)

post-15346-133877563186_thumb.jpg

post-15346-133877563197_thumb.jpg

post-15346-133877563201_thumb.jpg

UTMonkey    10

I don't see a picture of a telescope anywhere - are you sure these aren't pictures of a camping holiday? :)

Edited by UTMonkey

lulu57    214

We're going camping again very shortly...Ian will have to practise his sky-diving positions...one thousand, two thousand...:):(

lulu57    214

I'd like to say nothing, but if I make two more posts, I'll become a Brown Dwarf. I wonder what that will feel like? I think I feel a metamorphosis coming on...:)

Psychobilly    7,130

Congrats on you "promotion" :)

Are you both still heading for the "Gower" ? when you reply you will temporarily become a space oddessy...

Peter...

Psychobilly    7,130

Hope the weathers good do you can enjoy the "delights" of the Gower Peninsula :)

Definitely worth taking in the whole peninsula as the North and South sides are radically different...

lulu57    214

I know there are some stunning beaches on the South and West coast - does the North coast have more cliffs? I suppose that would make it better for viewing.

The current forecast for Thursday and Friday says there will be light rain and cloud, but it said that about SGL6 too, so I'm taking no notice! :)

Psychobilly    7,130

North Gower is "mudflats"...

South is beaches and cliffs...

Lazy viewing Southgate (Pennard) Carpark... Better Viewing but with a walk for peace and quiet Rhossili cliftops overlooking Worms Head... good 360 panoramas from Cefn Bryn - head for Reynoldston

Edited by Psychobilly

lulu57    214

Oooh I've heard about that. Know any local suppliers?

And if there's a saltmarsh - doesn't that mean wild samphire? I'd like to pick some of that.

(OMG - earworm has started - "Psychobilly - qu'est-ce que c'est? F-f-f-far better to run-run-run awaaaaaaaay...")

Psychobilly    7,130

The saltmarshes can be very dangerous there are deep channels that flood quickly we get very big tides i will find out where you can get the lamb

Billy on the San Fran

lulu57    214
The saltmarshes can be very dangerous there are deep channels that flood quickly

I've nibbled raw samphire - and I'd like to try it sauteed - but I don't want to sink for it! :)