Narrowband

Best night for probably a year for me!

Well last night i got home and all was clear, forecast was clear and i had no GF visiting so out went the scope and boy am i glad i took the time. Everything looked 3x better than it ever has before i think. it must have been a very good atmosphere! went through a list of clusters M37 and M38 just blew my mind. All visual as i needed a break from staring at computers so i bagged M31 m32 M35 M36 M37 M38 M79 (a bit) an extra long gawp at M42. By this time (about 9:30 ish) i went to Saturn as it had risen pretty well and OMG! it was absolutely amazing! ive seen it a million times now but it never ceases to look amazing we all know this. But this was truely the best i have ever seen it. At first i think the sky was still settling as the seeing came and went but inbetween cups of tea popping in to warm up etc I eventually satyed out from about 10:15 to 10:45 stuck to the spot staring at it seeing more and more the sky was steady as a rock almost. I just hope everyone else had as good a night as that as it made me sooooo happy It was so clear it felt like i was there! i know i should have got the LPI out at that stage but the scope told me it was -6 and i could no longer feel my feet so i called it a night and strted packing up. The dew shield was covered in ice and a little on the ota but my dew heater and NEW battery pack help up perfectly. I am, you could say, a happy bunny

Andy

Archived