Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing report 6/02/07

But I did have quite a good evening. The hands are still a little numb but the seeing was the best so far in my (short) astro career!

Saturn was rock steady in the new 5mm Ortho and even with the webcam and 3X barlow it look very nice. Also tried out the new filters I recieved from FLO today (thanks for the quick delivery and advice/chat). The IR filter on the webcam makes quite a diffrence and the Neodynium filter looks quite nice on it too. Just stacking the shots now so will be another posting tomorrow with them in it.

Also saw 2 out of the three clusters in Auriga, not sure which two mind you but they were nice. The filter made the sky a bit darker but I would not say there was a massive diffrence, so I thought I would try it on my fav neb Orion!

Here it does make a diff, the neb seems to go on for a lot longer, you can make out more of the shape and the colour stands out a little more. Again not an amazing diff but it is more noticable than on the clusters. I think it shows that I dont have as much light pollution as I suspected which is good news :wink: Very pleased with both filters, think I now need to save for a real Neb filter 8)

This seems to have turned into a mini review of the new filters and it was not meant to be, I just wanted to share my best nights observing so far, just a shame my feet and hands are numb so I had to come in. Still it does give me a chance to have a play with Registax before bed :rolleyes:

Archived