Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

the moon tonight 11-04-11

astropete

wow pete, they are superb for afocal, proof that it can be done to a high standard! how did you mount the camera to ep, i have been doing some afocal work with a fuji, and home made adaptor through a 20mm ep

lovely pics.

How close to the ep do you need to get the lens of the camera? Presumably as close as the eye is for visual? I've never tried any photography, but inspired by the shots above I'm planning to knock together some sort of adaptor for my compact and have a go tonight - clouds permitting

hi nightfisher. on the camera there is a dail for various functions, ie scene, group photo, landscsape, video, and vibration free. another button allows me to set the timer ie 2.5 seconds upto 10 seconds after the shutter is pressed. i set the camera to the vibration free and the shutter timer to 10 seconds (this allows for any dampening of vibration as i press the shutter release button, and by useing the slow mo, controls of the scope allows me to keep the pic where i want it.

the camera also has a light control function that ranges from - 8 upto + 8. this allows me to adjust the pictures light ie a full moon will just be a white glare if i did not set the light ballance to say -6. i usually "bracket" the shot when i first set out on a nights shoot just to get the ballance right, then i stick with a certain set up for the rest of the shoot. every night its different, as the moon gains light up to a full moon, then reduces as it wanes.

your doing it well, i have a few images i have posted in this section, its a nightmare getting the exposure right, but i play with brightness in picnik app on facebook, i will give it a go on image stabilizer setting, i use self timer on camera

Archived