Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A kick in the Bodes - LRGB

Uranium235

Ive taken this one as far as I can now the moon has arrived, I tried getting some more RGB last night but the washout was just too strong. I did think about adding Ha to it, but blending that with the R channel is a trick I havent learnt yet. I'll try to find a tutorial later on.

This was taken at two different focal lengths (before and after I got the FF/FR), so there was a bit of faffing about with maxim before I could merge the channels. But I wasnt going to waste all that L data I had collected previously, so it all had to go into the mix.

It was also the first time ive used the Hasta la vista green PS plugin.... and i have to say its fantastic! :rolleyes: not bad for free.

M81 + M82: Bodes nebulae

SW ED80, Atik 314L+, SW FF/FR

14x450+6x300 (L), 10x300(R,G,:mad:

Calib: Flats

Setpoint -10

Guiding hassle: Zero

13/04/11 EDIT: Have now added some Ha - though the seeing was quite bad when I took it, so its effect has been minimal. I also did a G2V star calibration and applied a couple of Noels actions to help with the star colour, looks quite nice now :hello2:

PS: If you use Photoshop.... get Noels actions... now! Im now tempted to reprocess everything :D

New & Improved version:

attachment.php?attachmentid=56385&stc=1&d=1302723660

Old "Mk1 version"

attachment.php?attachmentid=56072&stc=1&d=1302543845

post-18171-133877562208_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877563947_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement guys :D

If its clear tomorrow im going to bite the bullet and grab some Ha to really nail the red in M82. Might take a while to process though, its going to be a "learn as you go" process :rolleyes:

Some nice detail coming through :D

For the easiest colour combination and Ha+R techniques possible you might like to look at a program called Registar. It will match up all your colour subs, and even any taken at different focal lengths etc. Combining red with Ha is a doddle with it, and if you move on to narrowband imaging, also combining and assigning to the HST pallete takes a matter of seconds. I cant recommend it highly enough :rolleyes:

Cheers

Tim

Right, the forecast says clear tonight so im going to try and grab that Ha.

But how much do I need? another 10x300?

While im there, Im going to try and find a G2V star so I can do some further RGB calibration.

Archived