sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

saturn 10th april

neil phillips

My pc decided to keep stalling, with all the data on it. i hadnt done a defrag, as it takes hours. so had to image in y800. i managed one colour shot at some point when the seeing wasnt as good here ( its always the way for me lately ) But this capture i got, near the end is by far the best ive done for a while, or at all. its the same region John just posted. though obvioulsly not as good. But heres the magic words fairly happy with this one for a red in Essex. Resized of course. Tiredness i guess ERM 11TH April

5609200229_b11d641b4f_o.png

5609179129_81500ba0b5_o.png

Edited by neil phillips

Thanks guys im amazed sometimes how much re sampling i can get away with on reds using k3. i really dont think they look offensive at all, even at 150 180% it certainly helps the eye see the storm details, that smaller images seem to just miss intirely. of course i would love to be doing scales like this at capture, but with a dmk and 245 mm primary its just to difficult. i often go down in re sample size, and yes it looks neat and tidy, but often ( mostly ) the tiny details are just lost. if the quality isnt in the image and not processed correctly. these size resamples will look ugly. or just plain wrong. thats not what i think is happening. Hope others agree ?? also wish i could do colour like im doing on the reds. but the weak blues and blurryer greens are just pulling it all down at my location. the reds are better for sure

5611204863_6912ec2256_o.png

Edited by neil phillips