Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first DSLR moon images

Gina

Celestron Astromaster 130 EQ with x2 Barlow to extend prime focus.

Sony A200 DSLR body.

These are single images unprocessed other than slight cropping and image size reduced by a factor of 4 for posting. Later I hope to stack a series of images in Registax.

DSC02181.JPG

DSC02275.JPG

moon2.JPG

Hello,

Nice pics for first time (Im far from an expert).

I have tryed in the past to take moon images with my DSLR, but have come out a bit fuzzy. I dont really know why this is but yesterday i use my compact digital camera from 5 years back and got these images which i think are faily sharp.

post-25300-13387756197_thumb.jpg

post-25300-133877561976_thumb.jpg

Good first try - remember the old maxim though that for pics to be truly sharp, the shutter speed should be equal to the focal length of the lens (telescope here) unless you have a truly rock-steady mount. I find I get the sharpest pics with either a very fast shutter speed (eg 1/2000) or with a very slow shutter speed (eg 2 secs) using the mirror lock up on the DSLR to minimise shake, and the ISO set down to minimum.

Chris

Archived