SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Maxim LRGB help - what am I missing??

I'm trying to combine some LRGB data in Maxim, but I'm not getting ny colour. I've read the help text, but its not getting me anywhere :icon_scratch:I must be missing something obvious - but what???:D

Thanks

Helen

It is weird Steve. I've checked and yes I am combining not just aligning. This is my first attempt at LRGB. As you say, it's so simple that I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong!! I'll go back and redo the stacks and see if something is going wrong there.

Helen

Not sure what to suggest right now because it really should just work! If your re-check of the stacked data channels doesn't bear fruit, perhaps you could post up one of each of the R, G and B files (reduced size would be fine provided you use the same reduction for each) so that we can try combining them - we don't need the Luminance channel to see how the combine is working.

You could also try combining the channels in PhotoShop to temporarily take Maxim out of the equation to just 'test' the data.

An aside but personally I would not want to combine luminance at this stage. I prefer to apply it in Ps and then I can have a play with the final levels and curves of both the RGB and the L, plus the saturation of the RGB, while seeing how they are interacting. Sometimes it helps you to see whether or not you have enough colour data, for instance. If not, applying the L at a little less than 100 percent can be a benefit. Or go and get more colour, which is better!

Afraid I don't know Maxim very well.

Olly

How are you combining them? There are 2 ways

1. via stack command (process -> stack)
  2. via color combine command (color -> combine color)

If it is 1 then there is a subtle gotcha that is down to Maxim's unintuitive/powerful yet slightly arrogant approach to processing.

Let us know and we can talk you through it.

Paul

Archived