Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

bootsclan

Well after about a year of owning my skymax 127 on an EQ3-2 and generally pottering and finding my way around the night sky, I thought I really ought to take the plunge and introduce myself. I have got the bug and currently debating on ugrading the mount and maybe purchasing a refractor for some DSO observing/photography? Not sure yet.

P.s I hate dew!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Bootsclan and welcome to the forum.

If you have future designs in the imaging direction, may I suggest you get a hold of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95). This a very comprehensive guide on what you need and why you need it in order to achieve the level results that you after. Imaging is great but can work out expensive both in terms of kit and processing, so this book might even save you some money.

Clear skies

James

If you have future designs in the imaging direction, may I suggest you get a hold of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95). This a very comprehensive guide on what you need and why you need it in order to achieve the level results that you after. Imaging is great but can work out expensive both in terms of kit and processing, so this book might even save you some money.

Clear skies

James

Thanks for the advice, I think I will get it as it seems to be recommended by so many people. As many others do I would rather try and get my gear as 'right' as I can, within budget and need, first time round.

Simon

Archived