Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

Tipula

Hi there,

I've been interested in astronomy for some time but only recently started to do something about it and so I thought I would join in and say "hello". My daytime interests see me looking through microscopes at tiny objects such as insects (those of you familiar with such organisms might recognise my user name), so it is a bit of a change to look through a telescope at fairly massive things! I hope to enjoy my time here and learn from you along the way.

Cheers

Tipula

Hello and welcome Tipula (isn't that a cranefly?). What type of microscope do you use?

.....and the winner is - Brass n glass! Yes cranefly it is! I have Leica and Wild stereomicroscopes that I use for entomology, the Leica is my particular favourite. Buying a microscope was a tad more easy than a telescope as there are fewer options!

Welcome and congratulations on discovering the best place for advice and chat about the stars. As a newbie myself i have found it to be invaluable.

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I shall enjoy getting to grips with this wonderful and beguiling subject!

Archived