Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tonight - who else ??

Viv

Who's set up & waiting for the dark to come ???

Just got mine all ready.

Bought some extender cables today, so can focus & rotate the scope from the comfort(ish) of a garden chair !!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all you lucky people,

Had a great night last night, best view yet of Saturn and bagged three maybe four of her moons.

Was really looking forward to-night.

I had to got up to RVO to swap a faulty EP. Got it swapped by Ian, no problem, really great to deal with.

Now the bad bit, got stuck in the aftermath of an accident on the A1 for nearly four hours and feel absolutely shattered. All I shall be doing is a bit of naked eye star gazing, haven't the energy to set the scope up.

Still all you good people have a great night.

My back hurts too much for a proper setup... so my plan is to get out the EQ1 with the 450d and 50mm on it for a widefield... probably of Leo... I've not started yet but it'll only take me 5 minutes to complete setup.

I have decide to leave the obs setup alone and enjoy a night at 200mm under the stars... so it's out with the binos and the fishing recliner as well whilst the subs roll in...

Currently on M44 then heading of into Leo and Virgo as the night unfolds...

Billy...

I left mine out last night, i had to remove the small cap from the main end cap to vent the heat tho. Alls good and clear but cresent moon, although very nice, needs to go to bed now.

Adamski

This will be my third night in a row out :rolleyes:

When I say out, I mean controlling the imaging rig from my bed. Hoping to do a bit of widefield visual tonight from the hot tub too :D

Yeah Billy m44 is looking great at the moment, it gets better and better as the moon lures more to the horizon too :D I managed to capture it a big on my dslr and telephoto lens. Long exposures just end in streaks but I managed to get some shots where the different colours of stars are apparent!

Just come in after setting up my first ever guided imaging run (M51 in 5min subs!!) after taking a few webcams of the Moon through the ED80PRO (and a couple of DSLR "stills" to use to show relative image sizes on my Blog (I have a friend who likes to know, you know!).

Anyway - a couple of hours in the warm (not that its cold out) and then flats and darks and off to bed. Its amazing just how many wires there are on a guided imaging set-up!!!!

I am planning to go out around 2.30 a.m. when most of the neighbour's lights should have gone off! I want to have a look at m13 and maybe m57 and they don't appear above the houses until around this time. I will have a search for m3 as well which I have never seen. This is if I manage to drag myself out of bed!

It is so nice to know that in other parts of the country (and world!) there are many other people that are enjoying and have the same appreciation that I do for the night sky and its wonders.

What a great thing that I have the opportunity to talk, share experiences and advice (working both ways) with these people too.

Thank you friendly people of SGL!

ps. Yes if this sounds a bit soppy forgive me! I have just seen my first globular cluster so leave me and my evangelical ways be :D

Been out each night since Wednesday.....it's the first time in ages that the skies have been clear and no technical issues have reared their ugly heads!

Thoroughly enjoyable :rolleyes:

I'm currently grabbing Ha data for NGC2903 as that crescent moon, while beautiful, is a bit of a nuisance for imaging in broadband.

Getting more luminance data after about 11.30, then shifting to NGC4449 at around 2am.

Enjoy the rest of the night all :D

Rob

Archived