Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Daniel-K

What will destroy us first

Whilst a virilent disease could devastate the human population, it would be highly unlikely to wipe us out (all to do with population density distributions and evolutionary genetics). However, if we were to suffer a double whammy of a cataclysmic event (cometary impact, massive volcanic activity, ice age etc.) on top of a devastating pandemic we could be in real trouble.

I've hope that there's some massive orgy at the end of the world with millions of sexy girls. Unfortunately I won't be here to participate....

Edited by Dobson

Whilst a virilent disease could devastate the human population, it would be highly unlikely to wipe us out (all to do with population density distributions and evolutionary genetics). However, if we were to suffer a double whammy of a cataclysmic event (cometary impact, massive volcanic activity, ice age etc.) on top of a devastating pandemic we could be in real trouble.

What if the meteorite brings a bacterial virus with it? One that we have no defence for.

I expect to leave this world within the next 50 years so 5 billion is somewhat out of my reach.

But I wish you all the best of luck :D

My missus when she finds out Ive ordered 2 more Eps !!!

The world will not end in 2012 because in my fridge I have a yogurt and it says on the top that it will last until Feb 2013 !

Barman: Did you say the end of the world is coming? Shouldn't we all lay down on the floor or put paper bags over our heads?

Ford Prefect: If you wish.

Barman: Will it help?

Ford Prefect: Not at all.

Can't you escape the Daleks by going upstairs?

The M31 collision will massively disrupt the present system of orbits operating in both galaxies, so starbirth, supernovae, asteroids and comets... wheeee!!

Olly

Can't you escape the Daleks by going upstairs?

The M31 collision will massively disrupt the present system of orbits operating in both galaxies, so starbirth, supernovae, asteroids and comets... wheeee!!

Olly

And Wall to Wall cloud...

Behind the sofa is the only safe hiding place!

There be otters behind the sofas, bad place to hide.

Man will defo be the end of us

Weve come close already with the cuban missile crisis etc

as long as the earth thrives with wildlife once we are gone like the exclusion zone at chernobyl

tMRT7.jpg

Edited by ZEbbEDY

What a bunch of pessimists you all are lol!!

I still hold out the hope that the human race will get its act together.

Ps Amy Pond is HOT !!

It's much simpler than any of the suggestions:

Bureaucracy.

Ultimately, as paperwork breeds paperwork, we will pass a paperwork event horizon (once we transit the Parkinson radius (after C. Northcote Parkinson)), and everything collapses into a black hole. I have done several pasta - anti-pasta collision experiments which all lead to the same conclusion:

WE ARE DOOMED.

by Bureaucracy.

If earth ever ends... There's probably be life on Mars by then... Cos i know in the future that there will be upgrades to equiments that will take ppl to mars.

its a joke every thing is run by a piece of papper that has been signed by someone if it was all to be burnt there would be no issues imagine if the world ran without money and every body lived equal if every body had the same house same car same weekly food supply human socitity sucks (just saying this cause i bust my *** off 6 days a week to make ends meat and you see young scallys driving range rovers bmw's lexus and you know thay dont have a job just p's me off) seriuosly though money does rulw the world and it sucks big time

its a joke every thing is run by a piece of papper that has been signed by someone if it was all to be burnt there would be no issues imagine if the world ran without money and every body lived equal if every body had the same house same car same weekly food supply human socitity sucks (just saying this cause i bust my *** off 6 days a week to make ends meat and you see young scallys driving range rovers bmw's lexus and you know thay dont have a job just p's me off) seriuosly though money does rulw the world and it sucks big time

Came across this quote from

An Apollo astronaut after seeing the earth from the moon

❝You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.’ ❞

— Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell

Edited by meteoriot

Came across this quote from...l

So did ZEbbEDY eight posts up :)

Edited by palebluedot

So did ZEbbEDY eight posts up :)

Haha thank you. I knew seen it somewhere before but I couldn't find it so I googled what I could remember and copied and pasted it lol

Edited by meteoriot