Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What will destroy us first

Daniel-K

*Looks to Dinosaurs*

220px-2004MN4_Sormano.gif

99942 Apophis !

my wife is conviced this is when we meet our maker ...lets hope she is wrong as usual with every end of the world jargon!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh no it wont take that long !

you see it,s the 2012 thing you have to worry about :rolleyes:

as the myia perdicted

were passing throu the astro plane and the astro plane is like a gint magnet in that it has a north and a south pole and we know how this helps to sheald the earth from the cosmic storms

that are exploding off the sun

and when the earth passes this plane

the north and the south poles will shift

changing how this feald protects us

and i sugest a good sun block :icon_eek:

oh no it wont take that long !

you see it,s the 2012 thing you have to worry about :rolleyes:

as the myia perdicted

were passing throu the astro plane and the astro plane is like a gint magnet in that it has a north and a south pole and we know how this helps to sheald the earth from the cosmic storms

that are exploding off the sun

and when the earth passes this plane

the north and the south poles will shift

changing how this feald protects us

and i sugest a good sun block :icon_eek:

But the mayans also thought that chopping their peoples heads off and spilling their blood into their only water supply (and poisoning it in the process) helped the sun move through the sky!

Boy would i love to still be here when M31 arrives on our doorstep. What a show that will be! I think by that time we will all have ascended into wisps of pure energy like the dude on Stargate so it probably won't hurt much!

:icon_eek:

Re. galactic collisions: It might be nice to have a change of (local stellar) environment? <G> The thought experiments always fascinate me. Though one (or more!) magnitude *minus* twelve (sic) stars in the sky, may not be great for astronomy - Or even sleep? I guess, dedicated DSO observers might appreciate a lack of ANY local stars, if we a flung into "outer darkness"... :icon_eek:

To be honest all of these are amazing....destroyed by asteriods, collision with Andromeda or our star dying.....to me they are all beautiful and beyond our control, so lets enjoy the thought!

The fun and interesting part is - will I be alive to see the demise? As this action will belie its actual destruction....how beautiful would it be to see a huge asteriod planting itself towards the earth!!! How amazing would it be to see our star grow to a red giant and eventually collapse!! And how wonderful it will be to see how the those gravitational drags from the collision with Andromeda will change the composition of our solar system or the environments on them!!!

The Universe is beautiful is whether it is creating or destroying!

The issue as mentioned above, we should look to try and conserve our environment now so the next couple of generations can pursue and build upon our interests and defence of the life on Earth....

U.

To be honest all of these are amazing....destroyed by asteriods, collision with Andromeda or our star dying.....to me they are all beautiful and beyond our control, so lets enjoy the thought!

The fun and interesting part is - will I be alive to see the demise? As this action will belie its actual destruction....how beautiful would it be to see a huge asteriod planting itself towards the earth!!! How amazing would it be to see our star grow to a red giant and eventually collapse!! And how wonderful it will be to see how the those gravitational drags from the collision with Andromeda will change the composition of our solar system or the environments on them!!!

The Universe is beautiful is whether it is creating or destroying!

The issue as mentioned above, we should look to try and conserve our environment now so the next couple of generations can pursue and build upon our interests and defence of the life on Earth....

U.

Nice point. To add to that... Is anything really being destroyed or is it just evolving and recycling mass and energy?

Archived